November 9, 2012

update update update ack!


Whooo, time does fly when you're rocking yourself on the couch, waiting for election results (and then weeping -- tears of joy, duh -- when results are finally announced)!

Anyhoo, I'm back with an update on NaFauxRiMo, friends.  Don't think I've been just lazing away this whole time -- I've been working hard on my Etsy shop, fueled primarily on avocado toast (!!) and coffee with vanilla Coffee Mate (my love).  The move was so crazy and stressful that I hadn't had time to really perfect my shop yet and it had started to look really haphazard.

It's still a work in progress, but I'm really proud of what I've accomplished in the past few days.  If you hop on over there, you'll see the front page covered in various graphic design packs for other Etsy shops, blogs, small businesses, regular folks who like their Facebook profiles to look pretty, etc.  You may want to look at it here.




I've started offering logo design services, so, to bulk up my portfolio, I had great fun making up logos for a few imaginary companies:


Included are Harriet the Spy (which I've actually never read, so I had to look up her last name online), Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (RIP Fred), Bleezer's Ice Cream (from my favorite favorite favorite childhood poem by Jack Prelutsky), The Feather Pen (my mom's calligraphy company), and my own little logo there at the bottom.  I'm really proud of the Weasley one.  I think the ribbony things look really legit (you can quote me on that one).

Altogether, here are the NaFauxRiMo tasks I accomplished while I beefed up my shop:
41. Create a series of spots to use on your website.
42. Make an illustration for a postcard (I now offer postcard design for small businesses)
45. Create a Thank You card to send to clients (also offered at the shop)
47. Create a business card
48. Make a small sampler that contains your artwork to give to prospective clients
53. Update your website with new artwork
54. Work on creating samples for styles, markets, and subject matter that you are lacking in
55. Create stationery for your business
58. Create a fresh, new illustration to be used in a sourcebook or other advertisement
60. Catch up on your paperwork

That's ten things!  I'm still behind, but it feels so good to be really prolific with artwork for a while.

I hope all one of you readers are doing well!  See you next drawing,
Tyler


No comments:

Post a Comment